BIBLE READ THROUGH
BIBLE READ THROUGH
Bible Read Through groups began from a desire to see the whole church reading through the Bible year after year.
Each week, across the city, our Bible Read Through groups gather to grow in a deeper love of God, through reading His word. Bible Read Throughs are a place where you will forge friendships, share prayers, and immerse yourself in the Bible together.
Our Bible Read Through groups meet on various nights throughout the week in homes, coffee shops and online, and on Wednesday nights - multiple groups meet at our church building, we call this 'Bible Read Through in the building'!
You can just turn up on Wednesdays at 7.15pm at the church and we can add you into a group on the night. It's a great chance to see what Bible Read Through is like, meet the community here and enjoy some lovely hospitality too
Bible Read Through Values
1. To grow in a love of the Bible (and the God of the Bible).
2. To train ourselves to listen to the God of the Bible.
3. To grow in our understanding of the Bible.
4. To immerse ourselves in the Bible over a lifetime.
What does being part of a BRT group look like?
• Every week you read a part of the Bible.
• Highlight, or take notes of whatever stands out to you.
• Meet up with your group at the set time.
• Share 3 things that stood out to you from the week’s reading.
• Pray for each other.
TIPS for BRT:
• Plan a time during the week to complete your reading.
• Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you through the reading.
• Have a notebook handy to note down anything that stands out.
• Choose 3 ‘shares’ from your notes before the meeting.
• Rely on God to nudge you, rather than a commentary.
To join a Bible Read Through group or find out more, you can sign up now.
UPCOMING BRT EVENTS
CURRENT READING PLAN 2022
Week 35 - Genesis 1-24
Week 36 - Genesis 25-50
Week 37- Exodus 1-23
Week 38 - Exodus 24-40
Week 39 - Leviticus
Week 40 - Numbers
Week 41 - Deuteronomy
Week 42 - BREAK
Week 43 - Joshua
Week 44 - Judges, Ruth
Week 45 - 1 Samuel
Week 46 - 2 Samuel
Week 47 - 1 Kings
Week 48 - 2 Kings
Week 49 - 1 Chronicles
Week 50 - 2 Chronicles
Week 51 - BREAK
Week 52 - BREAK
WHY DO WE DO BIBLE READ THROUGH GROUPS?
In this video Brian talks through the origins of Bible Read Through and explains why we choose to do this
at Re:Hope and why it is so important to us as a church.
Kellie oversees our Bible Read Through Groups. She is passionate about the Bible, the value in reading it in large chunks repeated over time and doing so in community. She support the leaders and help connect new members into groups.
If you'd like to get plugged into a BRT group or if you have any questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org